Prevention and Maintenance Tips
One needs to spend some extra money and time for modular kitchen maintenance. This is because there is a huge amount of money invested in building one. Some expensive areas of a modular kitchen are countertops, walls and flooring and cabinets. Here are a few tips for maintaining them
- Clean up any spills immediately and wipe your cabinets dry to avoid warping and damaging the finish.
- Use the hood fan while cooking to prevent a heavy buildup of grease on your cabinets and walls.
- Clean Dust from a dry microfiber cloth or a Swiffer duster.
- Every six months Wipe down each inside shelves with furniture polish liquid which contains mild detergents and mineral oil.
- Place a small jar of baking soda in each cabinet to get keep them smelling fresh.
- Apply a small amount of vegetable oil to each hinges.
- Wipe surfaces of the countertops- Granite or Laminate immediately after staining.
- Use trivets to keep Hot vessels.
- Reseal the granite countertops every two years to prevent corrosion of sealant due to heat.
- Clean every week with mild detergent is one of the best ways of maintaining the wall and floor tiles in kitchens.
- Use a soft broom or brush to remove the dust from the floor to keep the glaze of the tiles intact and prevent scratches on Ceramic Tiles
- If your kitchen has the meat or the fish smell lingering around, boil white vinegar with water in a pan for few minutes.
- Wipe the inside of the refrigerator with the help of a sponge or a clean cloth which is dipped in baking soda. Once the wiping part is done, wring the same cloth and dip it in vinegar and wipe all over again to avoid the mildew growth.
- Place a bag of baking soda with holes punched in it inside the refrigerator to avoid bad smell.
- Dispose your garbage on daily basis and wipe or wash the Bin to avoid infesting cockroaches. place fresh orange or lemon peels in your bin to avoid bad odor.
- Clean the sinks regularly , If the sink is clogged with grease, pour a cup of salt water and a cup of baking soda into the drain followed by boiling water.
- To remove plastic container smell, place crumpled piece of newspaper in the container with the lid closed tight.
- You can get rid of the smell out of your woodenware by simply rubbing the surface with a slice of lemon.
- Should not have to do a thorough cleaning of your kitchen cabinets very often.
- Never use abrasive cleaners to clean this residue to avoid damaging the finish.
- Do not apply products that contain petroleum to avoid attracting dust.
- Do not apply furniture wax on Cabinet to avoid dust and grease.
- Do not wipe your cabinets with a dishcloth which could contain grease.
- Do not cut vegetables on the countertops without chopping boards.
- Do not place hot vessels directly onto the countertops to avoid damaging Countertops.
- Do not to use the oven with its doors open as it can greatly cause damage to the cabinet shutters.
- Do not use bleach and ammonia based products for cleaning tiles on the walls and floor.